A Week of Pride Events and Celebration
Excitement is building for the weeklong series of events and activities leading up to the TriPride Parade and Festival. Whether it’s a hiking adventure among friends to one of the region’s most beautiful attractions, or a memorial service remembering lost friends and family, or a touching tale shared among friends – a week for celebrating the LGBTQ+ community is upon us.
Here is a list of the week’s events that start on Sunday, September 9, and run for one full week:
- Sunday, Sept 9 (1:00 pm – 6:00 pm)* – TriPride Hike
- Tuesday, Sept 11 (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm)* – an AIDS Memorial Quilt Exhibition and Memorial Service – ETSU’s Reece Museum with the exhibit continuing through Saturday, Sept 15
- Wednesday, Sept 12 (7:00 pm – 10:00 pm)* – An LGBTQ+ Movie Night – hosted by Atlantic Ale House in Johnson City
- Thursday, Sept 13 (7:00 pm – 8:30 pm)* – Telling the LGBTQ+ Story – hosted by The Willow Tree in Johnson City
- Friday, Sept 14 (6:30 pm – 8:30 pm)* – A Ladies Night ‘OUT’ and Taco Takeover – hosted at Holy Taco in Johnson City
- Friday, Sept 14 (9:00 pm – close)* – First Annual Miss TriPride Pageant – hosted by New Beginnings
- Saturday, Sept 15 (Noon – 6:00 pm) – The First Annual TriPride Parade and Festival – Johnson City’s Commerce Street and Founder’s Park
- Saturday, Sept 15 (7:00 pm – 10:00 pm)* – A Youth and Family After-Party Mixer – hosted by The Willow Tree in Johnson City
- Saturday, Sept 15 (8:00 pm – close)* – An After-Party Mixer – hosted by New Beginnings in Johnson City
- Sunday, Sept 16 (11:00am – 5:00pm)* – A Drag Brunch – hosted by New Beginnings in Johnson City
Note: * indicates an event not officially managed and/or hosted by TriPrideTN. TriPrideTN does not assume responsibility.
TriPride welcomes all the LGBTQ+ community to join the celebration with our allies. If you want to help build a community that is more inclusive of your LGBTQ+ neighbors and you want to live in a community that makes everyone feel welcome, then make plans to attend this First Annual TriPride Parade and Festival on Saturday, Sept 15.
You can look forward to the TriPride Parade and Festival being an event about fun and friendship. Your safety and enjoyment will be overseen by the JCPD and other area law enforcement services who are attending the Parade and Festival and who are dedicating their service to maintain peace and security. If you encounter a protester at a TriPride event, TriPride asks that you ignore them, walk away and enjoy yourself.
TriPrideTN, Inc. is a 501(c)3 charity formed in 2017 whose purpose is to organize and present a free community Pride festival and parade.
For more information about details of any specific event or to get other information see the organization’s website at www.TriPrideTN.org or follow TriPride on Facebook.