Covered Bridge Jams for this summer announced
The Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department has announced the lineup for this summer’s Covered Bridge Jams in the Covered Bridge Park.
The free shows are scheduled to run from 7-9 p.m. The Jams are a 12-week concert series that begin June 2 and will run through Aug. 25.
“We look forward to another successful season of music and entertainment,” said David Nanney, recreation manager for the Elizabethton Parks and Recreation Department..
The Jams get started with the traditional kickoff band, Thursday Night Boys, and will feature an assortment of old favorites and some new groups. As always the variety of music will change each week, ranging from gospel to bluegrass to country to classical rock.
The schedule follows:
• June 2, Thursday Night Boys, Americana;.
• June 16, Sacred Harmony, gospel.
• June 23, Stem Winder, bluegrass.
• June 30, Jeff Sharpe and Chris Mathes and the All Star Band, country/rock.
• July 7, SHAKE yo Money Maker Band, blues/rock.
•J uly 14, Hollow Ground, bluegrass.
• July 21, Hunter First Baptist Praise Band, gospel.
• July 28, Bullseye Band, rock country.
• Aug. 4, Monk and Malone, country rock.
• Aug. 11, Downtown Country, classical country.
• Aug. 18, Sacred Journey, gospel.
• Aug. 25, Kids Our Age, ’70s, ’80s and ’90s rock.